At Southern Illinois Ob-Gyn Associates, our goal is to provide you with quality care. In keeping with this goal, we use the latest technology available to provide gynecological and obstetrical ultrasounds for our patients herunterladen. The GE Voluson leads the way in women’s health imaging. The Voluson Expert Series provides amazing results with innovative imaging tools and extraordinary image quality driver's license theory.
Southern Illinois Ob-Gyn is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) to perform first, second and third trimester obstetrical ultrasounds and gynecological ultrasounds die besten minecraft welten zum downloaden. We achieved this recognition by meeting rigorous voluntary guidelines set by the diagnostic ultrasound profession.
AIUM accreditation is the hallmark of an ultrasound practice that meets nationally standards of patient care herunterladen. All facets of the practice were assessed, including the training and qualifications of physicians and sonographers; ultrasound equipment maintenance; documentation; storage, and record-keeping practices; policies and procedures to protect patients and staff; quality assurance methods; and the thoroughness, technical quality and interpretation of the sonograms the practice performs herunterladen.
We are also certified by Nuchal Translucency Quality Review, which in the first trimester screens for some chromosomal disorders herunterladen.
Pelvic or Transvaginal Ultrasound
- To determine the size, shape and position of organs in the pelvic region
- To evaluate pain, abnormal bleeding, or other menstrual problems in women
- To detect abnormalities affecting the ovaries and utuerus, such as fibroid tumors (these are non-cancerous), masses abscesses, cysts and inflammation firefox webseite downloaden.
- To evaluate infertility problems
- To monitor follicle development in the ovaries of an infertility patient
What is sonohysterography herunterladen?
Sonohysterography is a technique in which fluid is injected through the cervix into the uterus, and ultrasound is used to make images of the uterine cavity how long does it take to download office. The fluid shows more detail of the inside of the uterus than when ultrasound is used alone. The procedure usually takes about 15 minutes.
Why is sonohysterography done zitavi?
Sonohysterography can find the underlying cause of many problems, including abnormal uterine bleeding, infertility and repeated miscarriage. A sonohysterogram may be ordered when a woman has had a normal ultrasound exam but is still having symptoms. This procedure can detect the following conditions:
- Abnormal growths inside the uterus, such as fibroids or polyps
- Scarring inside the uterus
- Abnormal uterine shape
Sonohysterography is also done before and after some surgical procedures.
Obstetrical Ultrasounds are performed to monitor the health and development of the fetus and placenta in pregnant women, and to detect problems such as ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. Transvaginal ultrasound is more often used early in pregnancy and pelvic ultrasound later in pregnancy.
- First Trimester: Confirms the presence and location of early pregnancy
- Anatomic Survey: Evaluates the growth and development of the fetus and screens for some birth defects
- Nuchal Translucency: Is a non-invasive screening for some chromosomal disorders
- Biophysical Profile: Test for fetal well-being in the third trimester
- Follow-Up: As needed to check for adequate growth, amniotic fluid levels or to re-evaluate findings from earlier scans
The importance and benefit of seeing your baby should not be understated. Bonding with your baby during pregnancy has an immense benefit. The clarity of 4d ultrasounds have been shown to improve bonding between mother and child and also between father and child. We use a GE ultrasound Voluson E6 and can perform the 4d scan at the gestational age of 27-36 weeks. When it is time to meet your newest family member contact SIOBGYN to schedule your 4D ultrasound.